View Single Post
Old August 5 2012, 05:20 AM   #28
TremblingBluStar
Vice Admiral

Re: Total Recall - Reviews, Grading, and duiscussions, SPOILERS

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
I'm probably not in the minority here when I say that I think the ending is absolutely terrible. I just think they could have done something better there.
I am not sure which part. I was kind of annoyed by the fake out ending, with his wife pretending to be the other lady. It was a pointless add on.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I haven't seen this but it sounds like that "Fall" only exists to perpetuate the Mars/Earth dichotomy from the original movie which seems kind of odd, why not just keep Mars?
Yes. Even if Mars had to be left out, why go through the center of the Earth? Why not have a spaceship that can slingshot around the Earth and above the poisonous atmosphere. They could have explained that air craft don't work because of radiation or something so they need to go through space. This would have been visually much more exciting, and scientifically would make much more sense.

Another plot hole that I just realized - when Quaid meets the resistance, they are in the uninhabitable area of the Earth where people no longer live. Why is it uninhabitable? Because the air is bad and they have to wear gas masks outside. Hmm... So humans can colonize Mars, a planet where they have to wear entire space suits when outside, but can't recolonize their own planet because they would be forced to wear simple gas masks when outside???
TremblingBluStar is offline   Reply With Quote