View Single Post
Old August 3 2012, 11:07 PM   #107
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

stj wrote: View Post
^^^Correct. I value coherent plots and themes a lot, but the first time around the very original visuals and music and the Crichtonisms, and most of all, the shameless gusto in the series still made it an enthralling experience. I was shocked at how unwatchable I found it the second time. I didn't expect that at all. If you read the last coded plot point recapped, you'll see what I mean by plotting problems. But that sort of thing sure makes a strong first impression. It's just when you start to think about it...
Honestly, I find this surprising. Farscape is a show I re-watch at least once a year. I've probably seen it at least a dozen times all the way through, and it never gets old. Most of the plots actually make more sense than you realize. The first half of Season 4 is full of tiny moments and explanations that I missed the first time around, and it's one of the reasons that it went from being my least favorite season when I first watched it to my favorite season of the entire show.