View Single Post
Old August 2 2012, 01:27 PM   #317
Ghostface1701
Commander

Re: Digital noise - video

jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
Technical picture
One technical deficit “Next Generation” has to “Original Series” is there is some digital noise flaring up. Many shots are totally clear in the high definition way I was describing above. Unfortunately, a lot of scenes on the bridge of the Enterprise are peppered with white spots.

Blu-ray aficionados are familiar with this. Sometimes in holding the picture together for 1080p, it creates a haze of white specs. It means they couldn’t create a 100% perfect picture, but you still get the sharpness, colors and detail of high definition with a few flaws. Oddly, the HD trailer doesn’t have those flaws in comparable shots. Only the actual episodes.
http://m.craveonline.com/tv/reviews/...blu-ray-review

From their review which was not mentioned in any other review. This is a very technical video critique.
I think it wasn't mentioned in any other reviews because he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Another gem from him:
You can totally tell when they used CGI to recreate effects that couldn’t be restored. It looks great but I wonder if an upconvert might have been more authentic since it’s so obvious these are new shots.
I think most people can see from the comparisons that an upconvert would look like crap. I wonder if he could really "totally tell" what shots are CG if he hadn't read about it before online.
Ghostface1701 is online now   Reply With Quote