View Single Post
Old August 1 2012, 01:38 AM   #76
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

Reading this thread, last night I was watching some of my favorite clips from my favorite episode of the series, "The Way We Weren't", from season 2. I don't think there was any other series that did character development as well as Farscape did. You always hear the thing about you don't have to watch Season 1 to understand the characters. Well, with Farscape, you're cheating yourself if you don't watch Season 1 because of the consequences you see in Season 2. I watch clips of TWWW, understanding what has happened to both Aeryn and Pilot up to that point, it's a really rewarding experience, not to mention Black and Tupu/The Puppeteers pulled off a masterpiece in their own right.

I think that's why I love Farscape more than any other show. The cast was brilliant, the stories were compelling, and the show knew how to reward it's audience with timely revelations and fantastic acting. I can't say the same thing for most shows I've seen, including Babylon 5 (Which had great acting and great revelations as well, just not as good).