View Single Post
Old July 31 2012, 10:22 PM   #291
Maxwell Everett
Fleet Captain

Re: The OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Season 1 Discussion Thread

Doug Otte wrote: View Post
Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
The first 2:25 of the 7.1 DTS-HD track on "Haven" is particularly poor sounding, when heard mixed down to 2.0 on TV speakers... then it suddenly switches and is fine... then at 27:27 you can hear the echo kick in until the end of the episode.

The same goes for "11001001". Everyone sounds like Darth Vader! -- this time for the whole episode.
I haven't seen the above 2 episodes yet, but I watched Lonely Among Us last night, and most of the dialogue in about the first 1/3 of the show is very boxy. Music and effects sound fine. Because this episode is on disc 2, it won't be fixed.
Okay, I just watched the first 15 minutes of "Lonely Among Us" again, this time connected directly to an HDTV so I could listen to it through it's speakers and I do not hear a problem -- at least not anything beyond typical set acoustics and deficiencies with the original magnetic audio tape.

Since I already confirmed this episode does not have the dialogue duplicated in the left and right channels on my full 7.1 system, I consider this episode fine... it sounds as it's supposed to, anyway.

It gets my seal of approval (whatever that's worth ).