View Single Post
Old July 31 2012, 09:37 PM   #490
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Re: MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Use of Time wrote: View Post
Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
So far the Cubs have traded:

- Soto to the Rangers foir minor league pitcher Jacob Brigham and a player to be named later or cash.
- Maholm & Johnson to the Braves for right-handed pitchers Arodys Vizcaino, a top prospect who had season-ending Tommy John surgery in April, and Jaye Chapman to the Cubs. The Braves also got cash in the deal.

The Dodgers are still interested in Dempster, but after acquiring Shane Victorino from the Phillies, may no longer need Soriano.

As a Braves fan I like the Maholm deal and we get a guy in Johnson that rakes left handed pitching, which the Braves really need. Maholm also adds another lefty to the rotation. I like Dempster but didn't want to give up Delgado for a two month rental especially if he would be wishing he was in L.A. the whole time.
Apparently, the Dodgers weren't willing to part with a high end prospect for a rental either.

Dempster has been traded to Texas for third baseman Christian Villanueva and right-handed pitcher Kyle Hendricks, both from high-Class A Myrtle Beach.

Not sure how high they rank in the Rangers' farm system.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote