View Single Post
Old July 31 2012, 07:44 PM   #73
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Watched this last night. Great episode. Walt coldly manipulates everyone around him.
As good as he is at manipulating people, he's completely failing with Skyler. Their relationship seems to be dead for good, imo, I don't see any way of them reconciling. In fact I have a sneaking feeling, that it's only a matter of time before Walt rapes her, if the writers want to go there... Maybe that's how Walt will lose the last shred of his humanity in the end.
One of the interesting dynamics of this show is that I think Skylar has a few advantages over Walt. Where he is ambitious and rash, she is calm and patient. Walt is never thinking very far ahead, while Skylar's always playing the long game and looking way down the road. Working together, Walt's drug empire would probably be unstoppable. But he's too power-hungry, controlling, and ruled by his own ego to tolerate an equal partner.

davejames wrote: View Post
I thought the end of the previous episode implied that he WAS about to have sex with her against her will. At least that's how it appeared to me...
That's what I thought, too. It was also in the subtext of him saying that he was moving back in, as in, "I am in charge here and there is nothing you can do about it, because I've killed people, and I'll kill you, too, if I have to." How do you say "no" to a man you know has cold-bloodedly murdered people? You don't.