View Single Post
Old July 31 2012, 09:49 AM   #828
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor
Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
There seems to be some confusion as to the nature of this third film, which means that an update is in order. According to The One Ring.Net, Jackson and Co. are, in effect, doing what they did back when New Line Cinema agreed to finance the LotR films: they will be expanding the story that they were originally planning to tell in 2 films and instead telling it in 3. The only difference here is that they have already filmed their originally planned 2 films and will therefore be crafting a third film from scratch, reworking what they have already shot so that it can work in conjunction with the new third film.

BTW, said third film will be the only one of Jackson and Co.'s Tolkien-based films not to be released in December, as it is scheduled to premiere in the summer of 2014.
That's an intersting development. Sounds like they're going more towards a bridging film (like the second film was originally envisioned as) and that's a good thing. I'm surprised by the summer 2014 release date but it's good that we don't have to wait as long

Vassa wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
I agree filming it in its entirety is too much, but there are definitely some interesting stories to be told, particularly Feanor.
I would very much like to see the Fall of Gondolin on screen.

The Battle of Angmar would also be sweet.
I definitely would love to see both of those as well.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote