View Single Post
Old July 31 2012, 02:28 AM   #29
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor
Re: Re-watching Babylon 5 (* SPOILERS *)

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
^ I don't get why you'd feel that way, because TWP isn't about the romance. It's about prejudice, and is one of the few episodes of the series without a 'B' plot.
It's the dialogue in the scenes with the lovers. It's very nauseating to me. Very wooden and predictable. In a series which routinely surprises me with where some of its later-season lines wind up going, the scenes with the lovers are just a big pet peeve of mine in that I probably could have won money betting on where every syllable was headed.

Regardless of the episode's plot itself, it had romance in it, and the romance was handled weakly enough that it's a dud to me. Like I said, this is very much a "me" thing, and I wouldn't expect anyone without very similar viewing interests to review the episode as I have. For most, it's OK, because that's not what it's about, anyway, and it handles the issue of prejudice well. For me, nope. Sorry, just not gonna fly. Tidy up that dialogue.