View Single Post
Old July 31 2012, 01:00 AM   #132
Snow Is Falling
Vice Admiral

View Snow Is Falling's Twitter Profile
Re: General Music Thread

PKTrekGirl wrote: View Post
JayOwl...if you like Death Cab...and you think The Shins are pretty good, I have to ask you...have you ever heard of Modest Mouse?
No, I haven't. My 90s knowledge doesn't go much further than Oasis, Blur, Take That, No Doubt and a few others. Plus quite a few that started in the late 90s. I'll give them a listen though.
They are another American band...been around since the early/mid 90's and I really like their music, mainly cus they have that quirk factor that I like. You might want to give them a try if you have not heard them...they might be up your alley. Here are some representative samples
Those video is so 90s! I don't know what it is about them. They just sparks a lot of familiarity.
I really like the guitary/rocky sound. Sounds like a talented band. I could easily get used to them, given a bit of time for it to grow on me. No, I do really like it. I like the first one the most I think.

One thing though.. in some ways it doesn't seem entirely serious- if that makes sense? I don't know why. Maybe it's the style of music I heard on the radio or at school when I was 4, 5, 6, 7 and I accosiate it with that age subconciously. Not saying that's a bad thing. Can't have serious all the time.
I'm probably making no sense to anyone else, but my excuse is that it's late. I'm going to bed now.
Snow Is Falling is offline   Reply With Quote