View Single Post
Old July 30 2012, 06:32 PM   #787
Relayer1
Commodore

Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Relayer1 wrote: View Post
As long as the extra background material is taken from the other works of the author and add to the films, great ! If it's just filler, not so good.

I'd surmise that the three films will come in under around or under three hours - I'd much rather have three x three hour films than two four hour ones...
The Hobbit is a short book. You could make a single, normal length movie of it without cutting anything.
I know, it's a childrens book. To be honest, so was LOTR in some places - early scenes in The Shire and Tom Bombadil would have easily fit with The Hobbit.

Jackson has already said that he was going to make it stylistically more of an adult movie like the LOTR films, and expand them with the copious material from the LOTR appendices filling in the background and the gap between The Hobbit and LOTR. Unfortunately they don't have the rights to the many Book Of Lost Tales and History Of Middle Earth books, nor The Silmarillion.

As I said, the expanding of The Hobbit should add a lot to the story, hopefully before, during and after...

Last edited by Relayer1; July 30 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Relayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote