View Single Post
Old July 30 2012, 05:51 AM   #251
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: The OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Season 1 Discussion Thread

cbspock wrote: View Post
I watched Stardate Revisited. Man I had not idea how over budget the show was. I have to say though, season 1 is still the crappiest looking season, and the worst stories of the whole run.

After watching a few episodes of Season 1, it is even more dated than the Original Series. It hasn't aged well. The original series hit their story strides right off the bat. It took TNG until season 3 to find itself. -Chris
Strange...I was just thinking how timeless the show looked earlier today and it comes off more cinematic than it did with the SD version(an impression which is verified for myself by both my own reaction and that of others to the theatrical screenings)...unlike even shows of today it looks like they were trying to make little mini-movies. Comparing it to TOS? Well since I was there and watching TOS 25 years after it was made I think STNG looks less dated at 25 years in 2012 than TOS did in 1991.

RAMA