View Single Post
Old July 29 2012, 10:33 PM   #1187
Kai "the spy"
Commodore

Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Still...can Nolan be sufficiently "witty"--lighthearted--to do a Bond film? Hitch could, but...I'm not sure if Nolan is a little too much to "dark", style-wise....
From 'Batman Begins':

Bruce: "You had me declared dead?"
Alfred: "Oh, actually it was Mr. Earle, he's taking the company public. He wanted to liquidate your majority shareholding. Those shares are worth quite a bit of money."
Bruce: "Well, it's a good thing I left everything to you, then."
Alfred: "Quite so, sir. And you can borrow the Rolls if you like. Just bring it back with a full tank."

Fox: "I analyzed your blood, isolating the receptor compounds and the protein-based catalyst."
Bruce: "Am I meant to understand any of that?"
Fox: "Not at all, I just wanted you to know how hard it was. Bottomline I synthesised an antidote."
Bruce: "Could you make more?"
Fox: "You planning on gassing yourself again, Mr Wayne?"
Bruce: "Well, you know how it is, Mr Fox. You're out at night, looking for kicks, someone's passing around the weaponized hallucinogens."

From 'The Dark Knight':

Dent: "Yeah, Rachel talks about you all the time. You've known her, her whole life!"
Alfred: "Oh, not yet, sir."
Dent: "Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should be aware of?"
Alfred: "Oh, you have no idea."

Alfred: "I suppose they'll lock me up as well. As your accomplice..."
Bruce: "Accomplice? I'm going to tell them the whole thing was your idea."

Fox: "Let me get this straight. You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands; and your plan, is to blackmail this person?" ... "Good luck."

Alfred: "Did you get mauled by a tiger?"
Bruce: "It was a dog."
Alfred: "Huh?"
Bruce: "It was a big dog!"

From 'Inception':

Arthur: "It would have to be a 747."
Cobb: "Why is that?"
Arthur: "Because in a 747, the pilot's up top, and the first class cabin's in the nose, so no one would walk through. But you'd have to buy out the entire cabin. And the first class flight attendant..."
Saito: "I bought the airline." ... "It seemed neater."

I could go on, but I think I made my point.

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Kai "the spy" is offline   Reply With Quote