View Single Post
Old July 29 2012, 09:00 PM   #666
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: TP: Zero Sum Game by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

^Perhaps it has--which is, again, quite suprising. Again, a sudden lack of stability in one of the most feared agencies in the known Alpha/Beta Quadrants. One wonders if sabotage was a determining factor in that.

But adressing whether the Tal Shiar would accept the possibility of a sexual encounter--again, how could the agency miss a foreigner coming into such contact with the Praetor as to infect her--without suspicion.

But again--this leads to the question of the Tal Shiar falling into incompetence, due to "turmoil", occurring for one reason or another. What in the Bird's name would drag the agency into such a situation?

This is, in part, what leads me to suspect moles--be they Tzenkethi or from Section 31.

And to Sci's admission that the Tzenkethi are not master chess-players, with infallable plans. Frankly, everyone...fallability also means this: it is absurd to shrug off the idea that said plans will be exposed. That likelyhood increases, when plans backfire.

Finally--once again, Kammemor is in a far better position to dominate the Pact than Tal'Aura, being a "nice" leader. Subtlety is a far more effective means of domination than overtness. Militancy--or "imperialism", which I feel is a laughably overused term in our common vernacular--leads to hostility, which therefore leads to failure in attempts towards domination. However, it also can lead to easier manipulation of those power-hungry militants; the subtle and "nice" can control them with promises of power, which in reality is all too false.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote