View Single Post
Old July 29 2012, 01:44 AM   #45
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Hope Solo: Babe of the week #31 (July 2012)

sidious618 wrote: View Post
Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
^Apparently it is--for women, anyway. Apparently, it's "non sequiter" when I apply that standard to men...?

Anyhow--notice how one of you allies in such fights apparently considers men with "buff/ripped" figures to not be a turn-on. And yet you proclaim the reverse for women, and justify it via "strong, focused, and purposeful"...?

Not that I'm demanding you and her be in total agreement on such things. I just find it, shall we say--amusing.
You're clearly trying to grasp at something but there's nothing there and the point you think you're making doesn't exist.
Yeah...keep telling yourself that, sidious--if it makes you feel better.

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
^Apparently it is--for women, anyway. Apparently, it's "non sequiter" when I apply that standard to men...?

Anyhow--notice how one of you allies in such fights apparently considers men with "buff/ripped" figures to not be a turn-on. And yet you proclaim the reverse for women, and justify it via "strong, focused, and purposeful"...?
"Other people do it, too." Not a very competent defence.
It is, if it reveals a contradiction in the philosophy the opponent asserts in the debate (or rather, a lack of adherence). Such contradictions must be at least addressed--and either justified or admitted. Otherwise, said opponent loses credibility.

{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
We're like... different people.
Indeed. And to be honest, madam, I'll give you credit for consistency, in this instance. You appear to detest the "masculine" ideal of sexual attraction "imposed" upon men, just as you do the "feminine", similarly "imposed" upon women.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote