View Single Post
Old July 28 2012, 10:59 PM   #111
Snow Is Falling
Vice Admiral

View Snow Is Falling's Twitter Profile
Re: General Music Thread

PKTrekGirl wrote: View Post
The Eagles were truly a shelter from the storm of a really BAD era of music. In fact, the Eagles were my first real rock concert! Was too young for the Hotel California tour...but got them on The Long Run tour. HUGE crush on Glen Frey! My biggest fear as a teen was that Don Henley and Glen Frey would reach the point where they couldn't stand each other one second longer and The Eagles would break up. Because there was nothing else. I mean, Springsteen was up and running, but I was really too young to appreciate his greatness at that time. I love Springsteen now - including early Springsteen from the 70's...but at the time, I was just too young to get it - I didn't really begin to 'get' Springsteen until "The River", which came out in the early 80's. So The Eagles (and Fleetwood Mac's Fleetwood Mac and Rumours) were pretty much it, in terms of 'new' music.

I was so thankful for the early 80's! When The Police came onto my radar in about 1980-81, I knew I was saved!
Ah yes, Hotel California is one of the greats.
I know what you mean. I saw a rerun of one of those 70s "top of the pops" recently. All that glitter... ugh.
I did a few edits, so you might've missed some of my last post- do look at those videos if you're interested.
Snow Is Falling is offline   Reply With Quote