View Single Post
Old July 28 2012, 09:48 PM   #104
Arrogant Niner Thug
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl
Re: General Music Thread

Santaman wrote: View Post
There has been good music in the 80's but also stuff beyond bad... and don't mention the hair and costumes of those days..

Santaman...I agree with you about the 80's. I think that, like any era of music, there was good and bad. Most of the bad is sort of forgotten at this point (unless it was so bad that it is actually remembered for it's excessive badness! )...but there is good and bad in all eras.

I mean, I was a child in the 70's...and I can tell you that while there were great bands making great music (Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones were all huge in the 70's, Motown was roaring, and bands such as Queen, Bruce Springsteen, and Aerosmith had made their marks with their best years still ahead of them). But then we had truly godawful music in the 70's too. Pop music in particular was just GHASTLY in the 70's. I mean, get a load of this piece of crap:

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

And then there was disco. I mean, I know she just died...but Jesus, this song is just TERRIBLE:

Tremendous lyrics in that song, huh? I mean, in between the faux-orgasms.

What I'm trying to say here is that these days, when people think about the 70's, they (thankfully) remember bands like Led Zeppelin...or The Eagles...or Fleetwood Mac....or even bands like the Commodores, who were AWESOME in the 70's:

But thankfully, for most of us, songs like this>

are largely forgotten by all but the most traumatized among us.
DS9 on DVD - Now 99.923% Borg-Free!

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote