View Single Post
Old July 28 2012, 06:31 PM   #13
Patrickivan
Fleet Captain

Re: 1:350 Scale Enterprise

aridas sofia wrote: View Post
I love what you are doing with the Rec Deck. But I don't understand why you can't combine the back of the set as built (the catwalks along the windows) with the front (a stage at the lower level). The screen? That can fold down from the ceiling, be a virtual screen, or just sit free floating above the stage and in front of the catwalks.

It seems that the great choice of harmonizing Probert's concept with what was filmed is undercut by having an unfunctional theater setting where the screen is back where the projector sits.
I'm in agreement. There should be a fold down monitor in the aft section of the room. However I will keep the little Enterprise Historical Gallery in the forward section.

Mytran wrote: View Post
The attention to detail at this scale is stunning.
Thanks. Everything is still in it's rough phase- no finishing until I get everything ready.

In the meantime, it's been a slow week for this. Busy. All I got done was another wall on the bridge- and I'm thinking of scrapping it and going back to my original idea to sculpt sections and vacuum form it- and I've got two wall sections started.

This will be a bit of a challenge because I have to come up with something that fluidly conforms to the curve of the hull...

40 Years and ticking. Damn, that's too old fashioned.
40 years and still processing!
Patrickivan is offline   Reply With Quote