View Single Post
Old July 26 2012, 09:15 PM   #4744
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

I had no problem with the hand in the fire scene in the second movie since Clark did love Lois and had to be truthful to her about who he was. Right after the interview in the first movie and he showed up as Clark, Lois went to go get ready to go, Clark straightened up lowered his and took off his glasses to tell Lois then and there who he was, I think that was just part of his upbringing that he be honest with his loved ones. I think Clark had falled for Lois right off the bat but it took Superman to geet to her.
What's great about the "hand in fire" scene is that it basically trapped Clark into telling the truth! What else could he do?!

I don't know why they went with the amnesia kiss in the original version. Even as a kid watching that, I was like "WTF?" Maybe they should have had a quick scene of him going to a lab in the Fortress of Solitude to make amnesia pills or something.
Honestly, that's what I assume happened "off camera" somewhere anyway. Not that Superman has "amnesia kiss" as one of his powers where he can selectively edit someone's brain. He simply concocted something up in the FoS, put it on his lips and the chemical was able to edit Lois' brain and memory of Clark being Superman.

Last edited by Trekker4747; July 27 2012 at 12:26 AM.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote