View Single Post
Old July 26 2012, 06:27 PM   #171
tomswift2002
Captain

Re: The OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Season 1 Discussion Thread

BillJ wrote: View Post
NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
Yay, my season one box set was finally delivered and I've already watched "The Naked Now" and "Code of Honor". I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but there are two suspiciously SD-looking sequences in the latter episode. One where Yar and Lutan are entering the holodeck (which, I guess, is just the result of a digital zoom into the original negative, that was also done one the original cut of the episode), and the other later on the planet, in an establishing shot of the festivities Logan has going for Picard. The image looks VERY pixelated and you can see horizontal lines. Is this also upconverted footage?
The first shot of Picard is standing in front of the viewscreen addressing the crew looks very soft as well from Lonely Among Us.

I noticed that all the shots with people in front of green screen windows looked like the had been upconverted from SD tape. Just take a look at Singh in the briefing room; you can't even make out his face, and it's a close-up.

But I've got too wonder why CBS wasn't doing this in a K transfer and the down-ressing to 1080 for the final master. It would've given us a better picture and even allowed them to do a 16:9 presentation without getting soft.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote