View Single Post
Old July 26 2012, 04:00 PM   #217
tubular_trekkie
Ensign

Re: Star Trek London - All 5 captains to be there!

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
Poster on the Shamasters forum says they've been told by the organisers that only gold, silver and platinum ticket holders will be allowed in to the 5 Captains talk, this despite us all being told the talk would be open to everyone as a paid for event.

It's all kicking off, boys and girls. Scam alert! Raise shields and go to battle stations.
Not entirely surprised at what I'm reading about this over there. It could all be a misunderstanding I suppose, but even if it is, it's quite a serious screw-up.
I fail to see how anyone can buy a ticket now - of any description - and feel happy and confident that they're: (a) going to get everything that was initially promised and (b) get reasonable value-for-money without being corralled into spending more money on stuff that turns out not to be included after all...
It might not be an outright scam, but it does seem to me that Showmasters are quite happy to use 'bait and switch' tactics to get people to go there in the first place. I'm glad I'm not going.