View Single Post
Old July 26 2012, 03:54 PM   #156
Fleet Captain
Re: The OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Season 1 Discussion Thread

NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
Yay, my season one box set was finally delivered and I've already watched "The Naked Now" and "Code of Honor". I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but there are two suspiciously SD-looking sequences in the latter episode. One where Yar and Lutan are entering the holodeck (which, I guess, is just the result of a digital zoom into the original negative, that was also done one the original cut of the episode), and the other later on the planet, in an establishing shot of the festivities Logan has going for Picard. The image looks VERY pixelated and you can see horizontal lines. Is this also upconverted footage?
I noticed this as well, but I too am assuming it's a digital zoom, which we know they used early on in the series. There was a shot in EaF, when Q freezes the guy on the bridge, that they replaced the shot because they used a digital zoom. I think that CBS has been quite open so far in regards to when the original film negatives couldn't be located, so I tend to believe that they simply duplicated the original zoom using the negatives.
trekker670 is online now   Reply With Quote