View Single Post
Old July 26 2012, 01:23 PM   #257
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan
Re: Holy ....! Doctor Who/Star Trek Crossover coming From IDW!

I preordered the issues and have read all three so far. Fair enough im late to chat about it all but shit gets in the way.

I think theyre brilliant, the art is simply astounding.

Thay have sucessfully captured the likenesses of all characters involved and even have the current style of humour injected into the story.

I loved the instant-memory-creation-come-flashback in issue 3 as time is obviously being messed with, the art and fourth Doctor humour was briliantly done.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Finally. This is the issue that I've been waiting for, art issues aside, this was exceptionally fun! The art they used for the Fourth Doctor and TOS bits was outstandingly awesome. The jelly baby scene with Spock was hilarious. Kirk using his judo moves against the Cybermen was fun! The characterization was really tight in this issue, as it has been in all three issues. I geeked out with the reveal on the last page! Next month should be really interesting indeed.
I loved that too. Kirk says hell hold them off and does hi heric captain thing, but it isnt over parodied, its a nice funny reference to Kirks brash trademark scraps.

So far im impressed.

Edit: Admiral Young. Love the Man of Steel avatar. That poster of Supes from SDCC is amazing. And the trailer attatched to TDKR was awesome, the sonic boom hits you in the chest in the theatre. Heres hoping Snyder can deliver what we all wanted in 2006.
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Classic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote