View Single Post
Old July 25 2012, 09:37 AM   #12
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: DS9 Season 10, ep 10x22 - "Ascension" (part 3 of 3). SEASON FINALE

I've finally (!) received Plagues of Night from Waterstones and I'm about half way through it. (DO NOT spoil me past there - bastards already put spoilers in the thread titles in the Lit forum )

It's weird - it's kind of a DS9 book, and kind of not. I was trying to figure out how to plot out everything that would have happened in between.

As I said above, season 11 would start with getting Vaughn out of the wormhole and end with Rebecca being kidnapped. Season 12 would end with Destiny, but before that, no idea.

But the Typhon Pact arc - starting all the way back with A Singular Destiny - appears to have been plotted to take two years of story time. Understandable given the type of story they're telling, but it feels strange that, after having to spread what was only one year of story time out into two for seasons 8 and 9, now there's so much space even after picking up from the Big Gap that we still don't know what happened in. We used to know everything that happened on DS9 from one day to the next. Now we're left with massive holes with no idea. Could I compress it all into one season? Probably, but that would make the big political developments feel a little rushed and unrealistic. On the other hand, the original DS9 show switched up the political situation on a bi-annual basis.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote