View Single Post
Old July 24 2012, 10:06 PM   #342
Christopher
Writer

Re: NEW ONGOING STAR TREK SERIES FROM IDW!!!

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I think that the main reason why people assume that Admiral Archer is Jonathan Archer is because they want him to be the same person.
And what wonderful, fulfilling lives those people must've had if they actually expect what they want to correspond to what actually is. In my experience, they're usually two very different things. For instance, when I try to make a simple point that there's more than one possible interpretation of an ambiguous piece of evidence, I want people to understand and accept that straightforward idea so I can make that simple point and move on. Instead, somehow, they always argue against it aggressively for no reason I can fathom, as if there were something wrong with even acknowledging the idea that there could be more than one Starfleet officer named Archer in the history of the universe, and it always ends up becoming a big controversy somehow.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote