View Single Post
Old July 24 2012, 09:50 PM   #47
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile
Re: What's next for Batman...

DarKush wrote: View Post
trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
I love the Nolan films, but I'm looking forward to a new interpretation. There are other aspects of Batman lore to explore, and I think the end of The Dark Knight Rises is quite final.

I also think they could make an amazing live-action Batman tv show, but it probably won't happen because they'll want to do movies.
While I agree with you about the sense of finality, I think the comics have already shown how what you mentioned in your spoiler could actually be done without ruining that sense of finality.

I would love to see a live-action Batman TV show again, but there's no way we will see one anytime soon because there's so much money that can be made from the films. For TV the best route might be to go with a Batmanesque character (s) like Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Red Robin, Azrael, Huntress, The Question, or the Gotham PD.

What I would love to really see is that DC actually get some renewed confidence in some of their other properties and give a shot or another at Justice League, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Static, and Flash for films or TV. But I also would love to see Suicide Squad, Black Lightning, Cyborg, or Blue Beetle.
Thanks to Avengers WB/DC has renewed its interest in a Justice League movie. We will also be getting some form of Green Lantern sequel as well. If JL does OK, expect the players in that film to get their own stand alone films.

On TV. I'd love to see a Nightwing or Gotham Central series. A CW series about the grown up Titans would also rock (Raven, as I understand it was supposed to get her own show...but I don't know what happended with that). Its too bad nothing ever came of the proposed Starman series.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote