View Single Post
Old July 24 2012, 10:04 AM   #10
Brainsucker
Lieutenant Commander

Re: (Idea) Interprise goes Andromeda!

Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
I don't like the idea of the giant starstationship. Its either a ship or a station, both is just overkill IMHO. I could understand a station being constructed as a supply base, repair yard, command outpost and launching platform for missions in the region.

Or have a brand new 'Gargantuan'-Class ship leading the charge into the new galaxy, with a couple thousand crew onboard to handle all matters of security, research, diplomacy, etc, whilst also commanding the fleet.

If Trek does jump off into the future for the next series I would hope they avoid the "I'm the great-great-great-great-grandniece of James Kirk" or "I'm the illegitimate great-great-grandson of Deanna Troi", a new Trek series should be a new Trek series.
The bold : Yes, it is. The Enterprise won't be a combat starship. it will be the flagship of a fleet. Just like carrier in a US Carrier task Force. So, it won't have massive weaponry like the previous Enterprise; the purpose is only for support / command centre for the expedition.

Well, for the great, great, great, great grandniece, I like it, as long as it goes in a funny way.
Brainsucker is offline   Reply With Quote