View Single Post
Old July 24 2012, 04:49 AM   #441
Lapis Exilis
Rear Admiral

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
tighr wrote: View Post
How does Bruce Wayne, who doesn't even have shoes, get from an Asian desert all the way to Gotham, which has no bridges, without being seen?
He's Batman? Honestly, I have a hard time seeing why people get so stuck on that first part.
I have a hard time understanding why anyone gets hung up on any of this real world detail. It's a story about a billionaire who dresses up as a bat to beat up criminals with a personal tank and heliplane. You accept that basic premise and then argue about whether he could get into a city? You accept that a clean energy nuclear fusion device could be easily converted into nuclear bomb by one guy working with no tools (the one person in the ENTIRE WORLD who can do this) and then argue about what its realistic blast radius would be? I'll tell you: zero miles - because such a device would never exist.

Don't get me wrong - I understand that there's a breaking point for any one person's suspension of disbelief and TDKR has many of them that might throw you out of the narrative. I'm just pointing out that there's a selective application of standards of realism going on here...

PS, Yminale - you are now my absolute hero!