View Single Post
Old July 23 2012, 08:29 PM   #1018
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Johnathon Hickman discusses his plans for Avengers and New Avengers...

A snipet...

While Hickman is able to talk about how the cast of "Avengers" relate to each other, for now, at lesst, he has to keep his plans for "New Avengers" a little more mysterious. The author could reveal, however, that he's redefining the team and their mandate; they'll no longer be an independent team of Avengers that exist alongside the primary team and do their own thing.

"It's not like that at all. There's one big massive Avengers team that is the Avengers, and there's this other thing that's going on in 'New Avengers.' When we announce exactly what 'New Avengers' is, it will make perfect sense and everybody will like, 'Oh yeah! Of course,'" Hickman explained. "'Avengers' and 'New Avengers' are the same book -- just from two different sides of the world."
Yikes. That means to keep up with Hickman's Avengers, one will have to buy three $4 books a month! I was honestly hoping that NA would be a separate thing just for financial reasons. Maybe NA will be to the main book what FF is to Fantastic Four, connected and supplemental but not required.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; July 24 2012 at 03:19 AM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote