View Single Post
Old July 23 2012, 05:13 PM   #651
rfmcdpei
Captain

View rfmcdpei's Twitter Profile
Re: TP: Zero Sum Game by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Sci wrote: View Post
Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
^Very good! Very good.

Now, that brings me back to my point--assuming Romulans, or any of the other members, do not have such people--merchants, or what have you--on Tzenketh...I'd sure as heck like to get a look at the minutes of the negotiations that somehow managed to result in something so one-sided!
With respect, no, that had not been your point. Your first point had been that there would be hell to pay if the rest of the Pact found out the Tzenkethi were manipulating the Romulans; your second point was that the Tzenkethi must have had moles on Romulus and that therefore the Romulans could have moles on Ab-Tzenketh. At no point were you suggesting that the Romulans could manipulate the Tzenkethi through covert assassinations without using Tzenkethi moles.
For all of its faults, Romulan society is much more open than Tzenkethi society. Romulus is a borderline-totalitarian society riven by distinctions of class and ancestry and species, but in many other respects it's open--Kamemor's reforms allowed media to debate public policy, for instance. Tzenkethi society is altogether different, with the genetic and social programming of even the Tzenkethi's leadership going uncontested and the autarch having the right and ability to dominate even the Tzelnira.

How could even Romulan agents get past the Tzenkethi, a species that genetically engineered itself for xenophobic paranoia?
rfmcdpei is offline   Reply With Quote