View Single Post
Old July 23 2012, 05:02 PM   #359
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Mage wrote: View Post
You know, we were talking after the movie..... A lot of people must be very deaf. Since no one I spoke to had any issues whatsoever understanding Bane. Is this just a haters gonna hate thing, or do most theaters have crappy sound installations or something?
There were several lines I couldn't quite understand, but they were a small minority of the total.

indianatrekker26 wrote:
when my wife and i went to see it, she felt uncomfortable at the beginning, looking around the theatre to see if some maniac would pop up.
This is the problem with the 24-7 cable news cycle: people see something bad happening to someone and assume that it's going to happen to them. It's like people refusing to fly after 9/11. But in fact this was an isolated occurrence. Even before Aurora happened, my family wasn't entirely supportive of my even going to the city where I saw the film, because of a random incident months ago where some tourists were stabbed to death for no reason. And due to the perennial recurrence of bozos who can't swim getting drowned at the beach, I'm constantly admonished that I don't know what I'm doing in that arena, while nothing could be further from the truth.

Last edited by Set Harth; July 23 2012 at 05:23 PM.
Set Harth is online now   Reply With Quote