View Single Post
Old July 23 2012, 02:54 AM   #304
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men -- Speculation, Spoilers, and Discussion

Just a few thoughts on this weeks crossovers--

Avengers Academy 33 finishes this books direct connection to AvX and I will be glad to see the book return to its own story. The conclusion of the Sentinel story was cliched and mostly "meh". I usually love AA, but this arc fell flat. "Final Exam" begins next issue.

In Uncanny X-Men 16, the Phoenix Five take on Mr. Sinister... and get their asses handed to them. So then, why didn't the Phoenix abandon them? Especially since Sinister fashioned a half-dozen Jean Grey clones (or "Madelyne's") that the Phoenix could have easily migrated to.

Fantastic Four 608 isn't an AvX crossover as such, but it did have a direct link to this week's issue. The Panther God Bast gve T'Challa a vision of Wakanda's future-- including the Phoenix force and the flood Namor brought. All well and good, except for the fact that T'Challa was a voice of moderation regarding the Phoenix Five. Given T'Challa had been given this vision, you would think that he would have been more in favor of action. *sigh* Just yet characterization another discrepancy, I guess.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; July 23 2012 at 03:24 AM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote