View Single Post
Old July 23 2012, 01:23 AM   #1163
St. William Of Levittown
Vice Admiral

Location: Rush Limborg is prepping for Christmas on The EIB Network
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Just this afternoon, I saw the IMAX trailer, attached to The Dark Knight Rises.

FIRST--this film is now established to have one of the biggest MacGuffins in the entire Bond franchise. And no, it's not the cliched "saving the world from total annihilation". When I heard that voice in the trailer describe exactly what was at stake--I lunged forward in my seat, my eyes bulged wide, "Oh...my...gosh!"

SECOND--just like that--all my fears about the young Q being a stereotypical "pocket-protector" nerd are thown out the window. He is the snarky, crotchety* fellow we know and love--appearing quite contemptuous of Bond, seemingly seeing him as little more than a "trigger". I loved the man the moment I heard his voice in the trailer...and a grin filled my face when Bond referred to him (in a wry tone) as..."Q".
(Here's hoping his surname name is given on-screen as...Boothroyd.)

THIRD--I am really looking forward, now (as if I weren't already!) to Berenice Marlohe's role as Severine--a larger-than-life, glamorous Bond Girl, as commanding and charismatic as she is beautiful and sexy.

FOURTH...
Severine (in a glamorous evening dress): Mister...?

007 (in The Tux): Bond. James Bond.

Need I say more?

*(Don't know if that term can really be applied to a youngster, but--what the heck....)
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
St. William Of Levittown is offline   Reply With Quote