Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

Bob the Skutter wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
^^ You're just punkin' me now, right?
strange

[streynj]   Example Sentences Origin
strange

   [streynj] Show IPA adjective, strang·er, strang·est, adverb
adjective 1. unusual, extraordinary, or curious; odd; queer: a strange remark to make.
You're the one who loves playing semantics with words and enjoy saying "Words have meanings". In this case I'm pointing out that you're playing semantics doesn't work with the words you're using.
Yes, words do have meanings and you'll notice, perhaps not surprisingly, that among the meanings of strange are "curious and "odd." The meaning of unusual is "happens infrequently." So if I say something is "not unusual but weird," it means "happens frequently but is curious." See? But I suppose now you'll tell me that the meaning of curious is "wants to know about stuff."

Christopher wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Dude, stop overreacting and listen to yourself. New versions of the characters are new characters. Not the same. Different. New.
No, they're really, really not, but you're not willing to think enough to understand why not. You're just stubbornly defending your narrow-minded preconceptions rather than opening your mind to a learning opportunity, and that's very sad. As long as you assume you're always right, you will never stop being so completely wrong.
And yet, after all that, different is still different.