View Single Post
Old July 22 2012, 08:44 PM   #4619
Christopher
Writer

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

It's not like they had a lot of choice about what to include in the trailer. The film just entered post-production, so not a lot of footage is going to be ready to put on display at this point. They did what they could with what they had.

Personally I loved the sonic-boom shot, and I think it alone makes up for the inadequacy of the other available footage. My concern from the start has been that Snyder's hyperstylized filmmaking style would be too great a departure from reality; I think Superman works best in live action when he's approached as naturalistically as possible. And that final shot in the teaser was the most realistic-looking depiction of Superman's flight and power that I've ever seen, with a documentary look that's the diametric opposite of Snyder's usual style. And the rest of the footage had a similarly naturalistic look. So this is the first time I've felt optimistic about what Snyder would do as the director of this film.

Not crazy about Russell Crowe doing a Brando imitation, though. I want to see a truly new interpretation of Superman and his world. I had my fill of Donner homages in Returns.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote