View Single Post
Old July 22 2012, 06:16 PM   #255
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Mr Light wrote: View Post
--The Batsuit looked absolutely perfect in this one. Any live action Batsuit always has problems with how it looks but this one was flawless. He looked so bad ass.
I thought the suit looked great for most of it (the action figure style neck doesn't even bother me anymore), but I DID think it looked awfully fake and rubbery in the final daylight battle.

It suddenly looked a whole lot less like armor and more like a heavy, uncomfortable costume. Probably couldn't be helped though.

Lapis Exilis wrote: View Post

I'm pretty sure the movie did not make one lick of sense - but I kinda don't care. Which is funny because I'm usually wildly picky and critical of Batman stories. I've read hundreds, seen dozens upon dozens of hours of Batman, animated and live action, and out of all that I like maybe 10 stories, but those 10 I really, REALLY love. TDKR suffers from many of the things that would make me hate another Batman story (and perhaps I'll hate this one on subsequent viewings - who knows?), but it pretty much rides high on sheer coolness and the cache Nolan has built in the other two films.
Wish I could have been the same way, but for me the problems and silly story contrivances were just too much to bear. Maybe if the movie had simply flowed a lot better, like the previous two did, it would have helped.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote