View Single Post
Old July 21 2012, 09:47 PM   #160
JD
Admiral

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Just got back from watching the movie again. This time I was migrane free and saw it in IMAX. It was nice to have the theatre rumble as the BAT took off. I've had my fill for now and I eagerly await the trilogy on Blu-Ray. I still didn't catch how Blake got instructions to find the batcave though, because the ending was so rushed. I'm also undecided as to whether or not he'll take up being the new Batman or if he'll make his own identity. It could go either way. And how will he keep the batcave running without Wayne's resources? Or did I miss something there too?

sonak wrote: View Post
That first fight between Batman and Bane
I know the outcome had to be what it was for the plot, but how does Batman lose to Bane? In "Knightfall" Batman was physically and mentally exhausted when they fought, and Bane was much bigger.
Don't forget, Bruce was crippled. He had that leg brace, but I'm guessing that that could only go so far. I think his subduing Bane at the end was due in part to sheer determination.

And about Bane... The reasoning behind his mask is a bit contrived, but I'll accept it. Gotta have some sort of gimmick for your supervillain.

Kegg wrote: View Post
Quinn from Dexter was in it too! He was the cop who blew out the bridge.
So that's who that was. I couldn't place him, and I watch Dexter.

I thought that the whole intro with Bane was epic. And didn't that physicist look like Timothy Dalton?

Michelle Pfieffer was never my ideal Catwoman, so I don't find her hard to top.
I didn't realize so many people liked Pfieffer's Catwoman so much. The last time I watched the movie, I wasn't that impressed with her. I thought she was ok, but i definitely like the animated series', and Arkham games' take on her a lot better. I haven't seen the movie yet, but when I do I'll be judging Hathaway based on those, not Pfieffer.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote