View Single Post
Old July 21 2012, 03:24 PM   #78
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Marion Cotillard: Babe of the week #30 (July 2012)

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
I was thinking about Tautou the other day... and how its interesting that Marion Cotillard has sort of broken into Hollywood films but Tautou hasn't. Maybe it's Tautou choice, but a part of me wonders if its about accent, whether she can make her accent "clear" enough for American audiences.

Personally I hope it's choice. I think Tautou is a very good actor and I would hate something as silly as accent get in her way here.
Sounds like it's her choice. I found the following quotes...

"I wouldn't mind being in an American film for a laugh, but I certainly don't want to be in Thingy Blah Blah 3, if you know what I mean."

"Hollywood doesn't need me. After 'Amélie,' I didn't get any offers that interested me. I have very eclectic tastes, but it's important for me that a movie be sensitive, clever and subtle." - IMDb
And she talks more about her career and choices in this article. Here's an excerpt...

Tautou says she can still recall the peculiar feeling of being part of The Da Vinci Code’s "big, big machine". She'll never forget her first taste of the kind of giddy power that only a starring role in a Hollywood blockbuster can lend an actress; nor how queasy it made her feel. "I didn’t want to have this power,” she says, with a shrug. "I would rather have freedom; and to find that you have to stop being in big, exposed movies. I don't surf on the big waves. When I see them coming, I take my board and go straight back to the beach."
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote