View Single Post
Old July 21 2012, 01:41 AM   #96
Adm. Maleficent
Vice Admiral

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Just my two cents:

Excellent

-Is it better than Avengers? Nope. I don't care what the newspaper critics say. All the gravitas and depth and practical effects don't beat six Marvel superheroes teamed up against a Norse God and a buncha aliens written and superbly directed by Joss Whedon. But it was excellent just the same.

-I caught a lot of flak for dissing Anne Hathaway's performance before seeing the movie. I'm happy to say I was wrong. Looks like somebody spent a few days studying Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns.

-Meanwhile, nice job on the casting of Ra's Al Ghul's kid.

-And speaking of, enough with the "Roz Al Ghul" shit. It's "Resh." The guys who made him up said it's "Resh." Roz sounds so uneducated, like everybody's thinking "Duuuh, I have to say it like it's wrote cause it's one of them furner names!"

-Bane pulled off what Occupy Wall Street had wet dreams about pulling off. And they might have done it...if they weren't mostly a bunch of uncoordinated hippies...

-Again with frigging Cillian Murphy? Can he find a movie I don't have to watch him in?

-Not that impressed with The Bat. It looks like Faye Valentine's ship in Cowboy Bebop.

-Christopher Judge? Is Mercenary #3 all he's got going since SG-1?

-Nice nerdgasm ending!

-Maleficent
Adm. Maleficent is offline   Reply With Quote