View Single Post
Old July 20 2012, 11:24 PM   #103
Shane Houston
Commander

View Shane Houston's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Our Sacred Honor--A Tale Of Captain Ezri Dax

I'll be honest with you Ezri has never been my favorite character. And in the novelverse she was my least favorite Captain. And at times I think there is a lot of Erzri worship in your stories. But after reading this I have a couple of things to say.

This was a great story. The only critic I have is that you may have tried to tie Ezri to too many characters that are unrelated to Ezri. For example Spock. I don't remember her ever having any interaction with him so that connection felt forced to me. I think that in this case the use of Sisko may have been a better character to encourage Ezri when she needed it. After all Dax is his best friend and your story could have easily fit within the one the novels have for him. He feels all his friends are suffering because of his actions. Maybe, irrationally of course he would feel responsible and at least be there for the trial. Another option was instead of "hearing" Spock encourage her it could have been one of her former hosts.

That being said everything else is awesome. You've tied in a lot of the threads from the novels and I actually felt that this could have been Star Trek Typhon Pact: Our Sacred Honor. I know you constrained at the moment since you are using the novel universe for your story. But after thinking about it I kinda would like the idea of Julian and Ezri getting back together. Great use of Section 31, President Bacco, the Federation Council. Rush, I didn't think anyone could do it. The professional authors couldn't do it...but you've made me a Ezri fan. That speech she gave was brilliant. And now you've won a fan of your writing.

Thanks for sharing this gift freely. Definitley a 5 out of 5 stars story. Well done.
"I excel at following the important ones." Admiral Kathryn Janeway answering Counselor Cambridge's questioning her whether she excels at following orders. Star Trek Voyager: Protectors by New York Times Bestselling authorKirsten "Mother F**ng" Beyer
Shane Houston is offline   Reply With Quote