View Single Post
Old July 20 2012, 09:56 PM   #77
M-Red
Lieutenant Commander

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

It's an excellent next chapter in Nolan's trilogy. It's really more of a sequel to BB than TDK though, and that makes the overall series more defined and well rounded.

It was basically impossible to top Ledger's Joker, but the Bane character was a great choice and Hardy gave him a believable persona. Hathaway worried some people, but this is the best Catwoman we've seen.

There were a couple things that seemed a bit off though. This is the first Batman movie where Batman doesn't drive the Batmobile/tank, but they give him a cool new toy so that was ok. I wish they would have said Richard Grayson, but they gave us a cool treat nonetheless. The falling out with Alfred wasn't pleasant, but they got it right in the end.

The ending is excellent but it's sort of painful for me though. They lay the groundwork for more stories, but this is supposed to be it.

My only regret now is that we don't get to see the Riddler in Nolan's universe. After seeing it though, it's understandable why Nolan chose Bane.

Great trilogy.
M-Red is offline   Reply With Quote