View Single Post
Old July 20 2012, 08:38 PM   #931
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

I'm still waiting on the new 2012 Naboo Starfighter to surface, but the reports are that a whole lot of major retail stores across this country have purged the SKU for this line of smaller ships and vehicles from their computer systems and aren't going to carry the newer ones. The Starfighter and the two other releases in its wave(the repainted Republic Fighter Tank and a repacked Anakin Skywalker Jedi Starfighter) probably got screwed in the process and won't show up in most places.

The Starfighter was spotted at FAO Schwarz or some other huge toy retailer in New York, but was going for about fifty dollars a pop. I've also seen one or two on eBay, but the one on there now is going for the Buy-It-Now price of $89.99 before shipping and handling. Nope. No way.

Seems like the avalanche of Episode I 3-D product in January and February poisoned the well for newer stuff depending on what you're looking for and what you collect. Stores are more concerned with marking down and liquidating their existing product than they are ordering new stuff that they probably worry will linger on shelves as well. That leaves collectors like us with fewer options, but...oh well. Nothing much we can really do.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote