View Single Post
Old July 20 2012, 07:25 PM   #65
Relayer1
Rear Admiral

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

OK - just got back from seeing it. I'd put it about on a par with Batman Begins - ie. good but not great - certainly not a patch on The Dark Knight.

It's a rather flat and overlong experience - it starts, carries on without much in the way of highs and lows and then ends. There's a few bits that don't really ring true and only one point where that 'oh yes' grin broke out, and then only briefly. It was a bit 'same old, same old'...

I think Nolan is somewhat overrated - it's not that I think he's bad, but TDK is the only one of his Batman film's that's truly great and not all of his other stuff's is as good as is reckoned. Inception was nowhere near as clever as it thought it was.

I'm glad he did the Batman films - I wasn't a fan of Burton and Co.'s efforts and these three have raised Batman well above 'joke' level. I'm hoping for Batman IV to bring Bats into a wider DC Universe but NOT be another bloody reboot.

Avengers is definitely my superhero movie of the year, Rises sadly doesn't come close.