View Single Post
Old July 20 2012, 02:25 PM   #845
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

209. Something Borrowed: (✩✩✩) - DVD - A woman (Ginnifer Goodwin) falls for her best friend's (Kate Hudson) fiancé. The two of them then carry on an affair. This is a romantic comedy with some serious undertones, and it's based on a novel. Goodwin and Hudson are fun to watch and the sotory is gripping in that you'll want to know what will happen to their friendship once she finds out. I didn't like the movie's ending, but then I saw that it had a mid-credit sequence that sets things up for a sequel. Will it ever get made? This movie didn't do well critically or in terms of box office revenues, so I'm not holding my breath. I may have to read about what happens in the follow-up novel Something Blue.

210. Something New: (✩✩✩) - DVD - This isn't the sequel to Something Borrowed. It's something new. A single black career woman is set up on a blind date with a man and she's not comfortable with the fact that he's white. It stars Saana Lathan and Simon Baker and tackles racial issues from the perspective of its black cast of characters. There probably isn't a good way to raise the issue, but this movie does try to tackle its subject matter with balance, sensitivity and a bit of naturalistic humor.

211. The Dark Knight Rises: (✩✩✩✩½) - Theatre - I talk more about the movie here. I wanted to give it 5 stars, but I can't. It was fantastic, but it didn't blow me away. I think high expectations got the better of me. The movie had some powerful themes and moments, but they weren't milked as much as they could have been.

Theatre: 11
DVD/Blu-Ray: 78
Live TV: 88
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 25
Internet: 4
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote