View Single Post
Old July 20 2012, 02:13 PM   #57
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

I was really looking forward to this movie, then last night when I finally saw it, I found myself wanting to walk out and go home several times. I just couldn't take it anymore. It was the worst movie-going experience of my life and I couldn't wait for the thing to be over. No, this isn't a joke. I'm quite serious. Let me back up and tell you why...

Okay, I arrived at the multiplex at 9 PM expecting a big line-up to start and sure enough, that's what happened. Four theatres were showing the movie and there was a line-up for each one. I didn't want to wait for 3 hours, so I decided to "wait" in another theatre. I went into the the one showing the whole trilogy and arrived just in time for The Dark Knight, so I plopped down and watched that. When it was over, I left and I was hungry, so I got some popcorn and a drink and went into one of the other theatres for the midnight showing. I was excited. Then it happened... I developed a migrane, a painful headache between my eyes accompanied by nausia. I was in excruciating pain and wanted to leave, but I stuck it out and finished the movie. So there you have it, my movie-going experience for The Dark Knight Rises, ruined by a migrane. I loved the movie though.

Here's my quick rundown...

- As one of the reviews said, there weren't a lot of surprises. And as I predicted, some of what we saw in the trailer was shown out of order.

- The movie didn't feel that long or have as much story as a lot of the hype made it seem.

- A reclusive bankrupt Bruce made for a good story. The situation didn't feel as dire as it could have though.

- The thing I liked most about Bane? Tom Hardy's awesome voice. That really made the character.

- Anne Hathaway did better than I expected as Selina Kyle. She was a classic 40s starlet with both grace and a touch of that "bad girl" you expect from Catwoman. My favorite part was when Selina was playing the scared victim in the diner as the police arrived.

- Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character was more involved that I thought he'd be and I quite liked the ending they gave him.

- Alfred wanting the best for Bruce was touching.

I can't wait to see this movie again in a few days so I can take it all in and enjoy it properly.

sojourner wrote: View Post
This I will add in a spoiler tag. At one point of the film I was reminded of a line from the Adam West Batman movie.

davejames wrote: View Post
^ Not gonna read the spoiler, but I have a feeling I know what that line is...
Yep. Sometimes, you just can't.

Last edited by Agent Richard07; July 20 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote