View Single Post
Old July 19 2012, 08:35 PM   #432
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

What the problem is RIGHT NOW is that the Mets have a different lineup every single game. When they were playing their best, the same team was sent out game after game. Now, who knows what the starters will be. What happen the Mets became somewhat successful for all the reasons you mentioned, so instead of keeping to the fun of playing the kids and some other pieces, they are now TRYING to win. Go back to just playing, let the kids play. This is the starting line up I want, every day regardless of who is on the mound.

1. Ruban Tejada SS
2. Kirk Nieuwenhuis LF
3. David Wright 3B
4. Ike Davis 1B
5. Lucas Duda RF
6. Daniel Murphy 2B
7. Josh Thole C
8. Andres Torres CF

That should be the starters, regardless who is on the mound. Except when people need a rest and so forth. If Scott Hairston makes another start, I will pull my hair out. He is a pinch hitter, thats it. It pains me to no end to see him in a game.

SmoothieX wrote: View Post
Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
I wish someone would take Jason Bay, we'll take back a bag of balls and some chew.
Don't worry, he'll hurt something again by the weekend.

Everything that lead to their 1st half success is falling apart. The starting pitching was lights out, Wright was playing like an MVP, and they got timely contributions from a bunch of no name kids.

Now the wheels are coming off the pitching, Wright is back to Earth, and the younger players are fading. The worst thing are the defensive and baserunning miscues in recent games.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote