View Single Post
Old July 19 2012, 05:13 AM   #41
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Orci says ST series talk "getting real"

BillJ wrote: View Post
I maybe mistaken...

But don't most of these guys have development deals with various networks? None being CBS?

Would they even be allowed to develop/run shows for companies outside those contracts?

Lindelof has a deal with Warner Bros. TV.

Orci/Kurtzman are still under a development deal with Fox, but that expires in roughly a year.

Edit: According to this site, they just extended it another three years.

http://io9.com/5463506/orci-and-kurt...ar-fox-tv-deal

Funny thing though, in the TrekMovie interview Orci seems to say that he thinks an animated series is the best way to go...

TrekMovie.com: But do you agree with me that an animated series is…

Roberto Orci: Yes. It is less cannibalizing. I would like to see an animated series the most. When I think about it, it is the most different than what we are doing and still in the most in line with it. So I would like to see an animated series.
I'm not against an animated series...some of the best SF on tv right now is animated.

If I had MY choice, I'd air the ST show on a niche cable network OR preferably as an original series on Netflix or Hulu, or a suitable studio alternative. Even a high profile webcast would be welcome...I watch all my tv streaming already so I could care less as long as the studio gave them a decent budget.