View Single Post
Old July 19 2012, 06:13 AM   #41
Vice Admiral
Re: Orci says ST series talk "getting real"

BillJ wrote: View Post
I maybe mistaken...

But don't most of these guys have development deals with various networks? None being CBS?

Would they even be allowed to develop/run shows for companies outside those contracts?

Lindelof has a deal with Warner Bros. TV.

Orci/Kurtzman are still under a development deal with Fox, but that expires in roughly a year.

Edit: According to this site, they just extended it another three years.

Funny thing though, in the TrekMovie interview Orci seems to say that he thinks an animated series is the best way to go... But do you agree with me that an animated series is…

Roberto Orci: Yes. It is less cannibalizing. I would like to see an animated series the most. When I think about it, it is the most different than what we are doing and still in the most in line with it. So I would like to see an animated series.
I'm not against an animated series...some of the best SF on tv right now is animated.

If I had MY choice, I'd air the ST show on a niche cable network OR preferably as an original series on Netflix or Hulu, or a suitable studio alternative. Even a high profile webcast would be welcome...I watch all my tv streaming already so I could care less as long as the studio gave them a decent budget.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities".
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote