View Single Post
Old July 19 2012, 12:00 AM   #842
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

200. 7 Faces of Dr. Lao: (✩✩✩✩) - Live TV - A mysterious man visits a small town riding on the back of a donkey and sets up a circus for all to see, with various townsfolk being taught a thing or two thanks to his involvement. Tony Randall plays the title character as well as six others and I must say... Each performance was fantastic and shows what a talented and underrated actor he is. The life lessons were good too. This one never became a big-time classic, but it's worth seeing.

201. It Came from Beneath the Sea: (✩✩✩½) - Live TV - Biologists are called in to battle a giant octopus. The best part of the movie was the love life of one of our biologists played by the beautiful and lovely Faith Domergue.

202. Fugitive at 17: (✩✩½) - Live TV - TV movie about a teen who goes on the run from the police after she's falsely accused of getting her friend to overdoes on drugs at a party. It's "The Fugitive" with a teenage girl. It'll hold your attention, but that's about it.

203. The Adventures of Robin Hood: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - Finally saw this classic. Very colorful, but slow and plodding. Apparently there was supposed to be a sequel, but it never got made due to the war effort.

204. The Three Musketeers: (✩✩½) - Live TV - Another classic. Even less engaging than Robin Hood, but I'm glad I tried to watch it. The only real positives were Vincent Price and seeing a young Angela Lansbury.

205. Ninja Assassin: (✩✩✩) - Live TV - A woman who's trying to expose a clan of ninjas associated with a slew of murders finds herself being hunted by them. There to help her, is a former member of that clan. Shot in Germany, this one has lots of ninja work, ninjas hiding in shadows and a whole lot of blood splattering around like red paint. Not a great action movie, but it did remind me of Bruce Wayne's relationship with Ra's al Ghul's clan from Batman Begins.

206. The Rival: (✩✩½) - Live TV - TV movie about a woman who's jealous of her husband's supposed relationship with the surrogate who'd been hired to carry her child. Watchable if you have to plop down in front of the TV.

207. Brokeback Mountain: (✩✩✩✩) - DVD - Finally saw this and loved it. The two main characters aging 20 years was also somewhat believable. What's funny though, are all the connections to Nolan's Batman trilogy. We get to see the Joker (Heath Ledger) and Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) in the same movie. Then we have Jake Gyllenhaal, the sister of the actress who played Rachel Dawes and Michelle Williams, the costar of the other actress who played Rachel Dawes.

208. Due Date: (✩✩✩) - DVD - Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Robert Downey, Jr. and Zack Galifianakis. It was engaging enough and somewhat humourous in places, but it wasn't a great movie and Zack's character was endearing, but crass and annoying at times. This movie also reunites Downey with Michelle Monaghan, his costar from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Jamie Foxx, his costar from The Soloist.

Theatre: 10
DVD/Blu-Ray: 76
Live TV: 88
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 25
Internet: 4
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote