View Single Post
Old July 18 2012, 11:00 PM   #295
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men -- Speculation, Spoilers, and Discussion

So, after being defeated by the Avengers in Wakanda, the Phoenix Force abandons Namor and splits its power amongst the remaining four hosts. I think it pretty clear that Emma is by far the host most corrupted by the Phoenix. Given that the cover to AvX 11 depicts...

I liked the issue cover, which was a call back to the Byrne/Austin cover of Uncanny X-Men 135, the first issue of the first Dark Phoenix saga.

I have to admit that I was pretty firmly on the X-Men's side before the events on the moon, but the power of the Phoenix is a proven corruptor. Pretty much only Rachael has been able to control it for the most part. I have to ask that if Cyclops thought that the power of the Phoenix could re-ignite the muitant species, then why hasn't he taken any steps in that regard?

Interestingly, today's issue of Fantastic Four had a direct connection to the events of this issue of AvX. Enough so that, if this had been done in the day of Crisis on Infinite Earths or Secret Wars II, it probably would have been advertised as a crossover.