View Single Post
Old July 18 2012, 04:36 PM   #1389
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

Sykonee wrote: View Post
So, here's something I can justifiably bicker about: you forgot Gul Evek for the Me Counter way back in The Maquis, Part 1. Well, okay, I guess he did technically first appear as an unnamed Cardassian in Playing God, but he was properly established as a character in TNG's Journey's End. That counts, right?
I decided that the Gul in Playing God was probably Evek because it was the same actor in the same position around the same time. Sure, he was named on TNG, but he appeared on DS9 first. Besides, didn't Trials and Tribble-ations give you a big enough thrill when you saw all those numbers next to your name?

Yeah, this thread isn't as good as the Voyager one. That thread was just a perfect storm, you had a bunch of Voyager haters and Voyager fans arguing over minutia such as Janeway fiddling with her commbadge. When a cold front and a warm front meet, interesting things happen. The problem with this thread is that pretty much everyone here agrees that DS9 was great, so when someone else writes their opinions the only thing I can think to say is "I agree". That's not to say that I'm not enjoying the thread, I just don't have as much to say.

I guess if I do another thread then it should be a show that I love to hate. The Big Bang Theory, perhaps...